Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Funeral Songs... Everybody needs a list.

Subject to revision, I hope.

Funeral Songs

Elegy -Bruce Cockburn
Flying Red Horse -John Gorka
You’re On Your Way -John Gorka
Love Is Our Cross To Bear -John Gorka
If I Could Forget to Breathe -John Gorka
Kind Woman -Chris Smither (Richie Furay cover)

‘Til I Gain Control Again -Blue Rodeo (Rodney Crowell cover)
Dark Angel -Blue Rodeo
Know Where You Go/Tell Me Your Dreams -Blue Rodeo
Simple Song -Lyle Lovett
Family Reserve -Lyle Lovett
Glory of True Love -John Prine
Clay Pigeons -John Prine (Blaze Foley cover)
Bear Creek -John Prine (Carter Family cover)
Long Monday -John Prine
Festival of Friends -Bruce Cockburn
Last Night of the World -Bruce Cockburn
He Came From the Mountain -Bruce Cockburn
Southland of the Heart -Bruce Cockburn
All The Diamonds -Bruce Cockburn
The Color Green -Rich Mullins

Silver Garden -The Everybodyfields
Elegy -Bruce Cockburn

1 comment:

Adam said...

Here's my list off the top of my head:
Dyin' Crapshooter's Blues- Blind Willie Mctell
See That My Grave is Kept Clean- Blind Lemon Jefferson
Waitin Round to Die- Townes Van Zandt
Please Don't Bury me - John Prine
Desolation Row - Bob Dylan
Better Than Ever Blues - Todd Snider
That's all I could think of right now